July Member Interview: Lynn Creech
1. What inspires you to create?
Since I was a little girl – I was fascinated with color. Crayons, finger paints, any paper I could get my hands on. Coloring and painting was always something I loved to do. I’ve always been a firm believer that if you do something creative with your hands – it will make you a better person: healthy-minded and full of life. I am very inspired to create by my surroundings. I love to look at the photos in all magazines and books.
2. When did you decide to pursue art or did art pursue you?
I don’t know that I ever looked at it this way – but I believe at a young age art pursued me. I can remember getting my first box of crayons and thinking …WOW! There has to be more than these 8 colors. As I graduated to the 24 pack – then the 48 pack – and eventually the 64 PACK. I was elated to say the least! How could life get any better?
3. If you weren't an artist, what would you be?
I would volunteer my time to Senior Citizens.
4. What other jobs have you had which have aided you on your artistic path?
Over the years and with my fascination for colors, inks and paper– my career ended up in the Printing Industry. I sell printing - I love the surroundings of paper and ink. I’ve been with the same company for 30 years.
5. At the art supply store, which section do you gravitate to first?
Most definitely acrylic paints, papers / canvas and calligraphy tools…..plus 30 more items …too many to list in this interview.
6. What new technique or art form would you like to learn? Do you have plans to do so?
Lettering and journaling. Yes - I’ve enrolled in a few online classes;
upcoming classes and I try to work in my Visual Journal every week.
7. If you could do anything, and knew you could not fail, what would you choose to do?
Publish my work, teach classes again and sew.
Thanks for this brief glimpse into your creative world, Lynn!