Year-End Roundup, and a Look Forward
- We welcomed many new members, and our current active roster is 30 artists.
- We worked to complete our Guild bylaws, and ratified them at our December meeting.
- We held a number of play days, learned to create our own rubber stamps, designed and created glass objects, created batik greeting cards, and explored the wonders of alcohol inks.
- Members participated in swaps: creating a fabulous charm necklace from one of them (which sold!); creating holiday ornaments (see photo below), and ATCs.
- Our Fall was highlighted by our participation in Art of the Carolinas, where we assisted Jerry's Artarama staff; displayed members' work; raffled off a free CMMAG membership and conducted a 'make and take' ATC activity table.
And, to cap off a great year, we celebrated in fine fashion at December's meeting:
Looking forward to 2009, we will have a permanent meeting location: Jerry's Artarama, in Raleigh. As in years past, our meetings will be held at 7pm on the second Thursday of each month. Our first meeting will include the election of officers, welcome of new members, sharing of work, review of 2009 calendar of events, collection of dues, and much more.
We look forward to another great year of creativity, sharing and fun!